The presence of living millipedes in the home or business may signify the presence of excessive moisture. To help discourage a millipede infestation, damp areas may be controlled with dehumidifiers or fans. Creating an unfavorable environment around your home is also an important step in pest control, which can be done by:
- Watering flower and garden beds, or landscaping around your home or building in the morning so it can dry during the day.
- For areas that require frequent watering, allow the soil to dry in between.
- Trimming or thinning plants along the perimeter of your home to help increase ventilation and decrease soil drying time.
- Store wood away from the home or buildings perimeter.
- Regularly disposing of leaves, grass clippings and decaying plant material from around your home or buildings.
- Sealing any cracks in the foundation of your home, garage or business, as well as any crack or crevices around doors and windows.
- Repair or install weather-stripping.
- Fix leaky faucets or pipes inside and outside your home or business.
If you think you have a millipede infestation or need help getting rid of millipedes, contact us.