Getting rid of silverfish and getting rid of firebrats can be successful through cleaning, sanitation, controlling humidity, and preventative maintenance and upkeep.
Here are some tips to help you deal with silverfish and firebrats in your home or business:
- Routinely vacuum, focusing on baseboards, open vents, and cracks and crevices to remove food particles and possible eggs.
- Routinely clean and disinfect:
- Interiors of cupboards, drawers, and pantries
- Countertops, sinks, bathtubs, and laundry tubs.
- Under sinks and around the base of tubs.
- Areas around appliances and machinery - do not forget to get behind them.
- Baseboards, especially in kitchens, bathrooms, laundry rooms, basements, and any other lower level rooms.
- Regularly inspect faucets and pipes for leaks, and repair them timely.
- For pipes with too much moisture, insulate, or wrap them.
- Manage indoor temperature and humidity levels through dehumidifiers, air conditioning units, and fans.
- Install ventilation in bathrooms and other high humidity area, and maintain them so that they are in good working condition.
- Seal holes and cracks around windows, doors, and baseboards with high quality caulking.
If you have a silverfish infestation or a firebrats infestation in your home or business, contact Environmental Pest Control for safe and effective solutions.